Thursday, July 3, 2008

Unfair and Unbalanced Reporting


Since my command of English is limited to performing simple commands with visual clues in exchange for edible treats it should come as no surprise that my journalism probably falls something short of "Pulitzer" standards.

Having expressed this rather obvious fact I find myself in the even more surprising position of needing to clarify my coverage of the rumors alleging the repatriation of Monkey Bat to Tassajara.

Since I am a dog and since this blog is intended to be a humorous satire I assumed that the rumor of MB's return to TJ need not have been confirmed prior to publication; that everyone would understand that this rumor (started by myself with no actual knowledge of same) created a convenient foil from which an almost allegorical critique could be launched. Hey, it worked for Hunter S.

Silly me!

Whoever saw fit to contact the Humane Society fearing for MB's safety in a fire zone...I made it up, ok? If I were you I would be contacting child services on behalf of a little rascal named Bart Simpson who's dad, Homer is clearly an unfit parent. ...Wait! Before you call...that last suggestion was sarcasm: S- A- R- C- A -S- M. Ok?

For the record: I spent nearly two excruciating hours trying not to step on Monkey Bat with my paws as we were both evacuated from TJ last week. I have not seen her since that day. You probably ran her over with your car on your way to report her in danger..if only. (also sarcasm...are you catching on now?)

While were are at it. If anyone was offended by yesterday's satellite story, I am sorry. Not my intention to cause hurt feelings. Since I myself was there and facing the same dangers I felt entitled to poke fun. Let's move on shall we....?

Love Ginger

No comments: