Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Satellite Photos Show sole fire at Tassajara is at the Cats, Convicts, and Firemen Naked Pool and Dance Party



As this recent satellite photo shows the only thing "Hot" going on at Tassajara is the naked pool and dance party featuring chiseled prison gang members, big strapping firemen and **shudder**...Cats!

Upon receiving this photo in our studios I instructed scooter, my pet person and personal fetch'it to call Jamesburg and inquire discreetly whether he could return to Tassajara today to bring one of the dental patients back and because I, the queen bitch, was growing bored and petulant in my exile. Here's a transcript of that call:

Jamesburg: "Tropicana!"

Scooter: "What?"

Jamesburg: "I mean, Jamesburg!"

Scooter: "Hi, This is Alec. Listen I was wondering, since Marc is here and is going to the dentist and needs a ride back to Tassajara today why don't I drive him and take him in and then maybe I can bring back Ginger who is itching terribly from fleas and is depressed?"

Jamesburg: "One second Alec" **Covers phone and whispers** "Listen David Z. just called and said they need more coconut oil and pina collada mix"

Scooter: "More what?"

Jamesburg: "Oh sorry, I was just telling Paco, I mean, Kathleen, that they need more bandages and burn liniment out at the monastery...the poor dears"

Scooter: "So Marc and I and Ginger will be driving back there today ok?"

Jamesburg: "Oh No, that's out of the question, the fire authorities have cut off who can come in. Only certain animal species, like cats, oh and the Abbot."

Scooter: "But if the fire officials will let 'a bat' in why can't Ginger and I come back?

Jamesburg: "Did you say 'Abbot'?

Scooter: "Yes, 'a bat'"

Jamesburg: "Well, you're not Abbot, Alec. That's a different class entirely."

Scooter: "I know that I am not a bat. Monkey Bat is not a bat either but you let her back. Ginger is very upset about that!"

Jamesburg: "I am sorry Alec, I think this line is poor. Call back later." **Hangs up**


5 comments:

Tim said...

Ginger, dear, please know that I love you, first and foremost, and I know that comedy is a hard thing sometimes, especially for humans, and over the Internet no one knows that you're a dog, and, likewise, you can't hear whether people are laughing, just the hum of your computer and whatever else your canine ears can pick up.

That said, this comedy of the absurd was a little too much for my tummy. We need laughter, yes, but there's a little too much at stake with our friends at Tassajara and the place itself and all it stands for to be so irreverent. I'm certain you meant no harm, as I mean no harm, but I just wanted you to know that I felt a tad bad reading that post.

Your friend,
Tim

Ginger the Wonder Dog said...

Oh Tim, you are much too dog-matic. You might discern a subtle social critique underlying the burlesque here ala Swift..now I suppose you'll want me to kill the whole dental records piece.

love, Ginger

Anonymous said...

Hello Ginger,

It sounds like you are really missing home and feeling a very displaced. I hear your frustration...I am a Santa Cruz resident that has spent some time at Tassajara, my first visit was at the lovely age of 13 and I have returned a few times over the last twenty years. My thought is that I have not as many memories of Tassajara and stories to tell as you. Perhaps in your time of longing and return for this wonderful place it would be helpful to share your memories, thoughts, and wisdom that Tassajara enraptures with a less knowledgeable being. I find in sharing about something/a place you can give it present life. I am dwelling in Santa Cruz and available for conversation. I hope this doesn't sound weird, but I hear your frustration. e-mail renet76@gmail.com

Best,

Laura

Anonymous said...

Dear Tim:

Ginger is asleep as I quietly type this. As her guardian I feel somewhat responsible for the contents of her blog and I just want to tell you that I feel very badly for causing any pain to you.

I want you to know that both she and I are acutely aware of how much is at stake both in terms of the place and the people.

It is our home and the people there are our families. Earlier this summer I discovered that someone who is now there and facing the very real dangers of fire is my step sister who I never knew existed until this summer.

I deeply respect your feelings in this matter. I think that if someone had posted this blog and that person had not, them self, stood in the danger zone and defied the orders to leave, had not, them self provided the names of their next of kin and dentist, had not them self worked long dirty smoky hours digging fire lines and clearing brush, a person who had not, them self been willing to risk their own personal safety to save Tassajara, who had not them self, only acquiesced to leaving upon the request of the practice leaders, well I would be offended too.

The truth is that I and many others did in fact do all these things and in so doing I feel a certain entitlement to poke fun in excoriating poor taste as I, I mean Ginger, has done here.

I hope maybe you can give me a little room in consideration of this.

I do deeply regret your feeling bad.

I have heard from many people who find it hilarious, but if there is a ground swell sentiment that people are feeling hurt then I will certainly take it down.

Alec

Anonymous said...

I thank you for levity and clever insights, from a person who loves Tassajara as a guest and is a Zen student who lives far from a Zen center. Humor can't be 100% 'pc'--that is why it is funny. Look at Jon Stewart and Colbert. Please continue Ginger-- you are very refreshing, even though I'm more of a cat lover. My cat Zafu took time from her nap (on my zabuton!) to say she's sure Dog-en would approve of your blog.